Dr Ricardo Graciani Díaz
Organisation: University of Barcelona
Organisation Type: Academia/Research
Address: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Field(s) of expertise / NGI Topic:
- Big Data
- Very large scale Distributed Data processing and Analysis
NGI focus areas for experiments:
- Privacy and trust enhancing technologies
- Decentralised data governance
- Service and data portability
- Open Internet architecture renovation
- Experimental Platforms (e.g. Smart cities, smart transport, Smart agriculture, etc.)
- Very large scale Distributed Data processing and analysis using high performance hybrid Computing resources.
Your NGI-related portfolio: There is an increasing demand for a high quality, easy to use, open, scalable and extendable platform for large scale distributed computing and data processing integrated solution from individual end users to large global user communities. DIRAC interware (initially developed to solve the needs of the LHCB experiment at CERN and now used by tens of communities and thousand of users) , developed during the last fifteen years to initially solve the needs of the LHCb experiment at CERN and now used be tens of communities and thousand of users, is a possible solution. However to reach this goal, current DIRAC version requires a major reengineering effort and therefore we are looking for an industrial partner to share the efforts and the benefits.